My research has drawn interest form a wide range of international media ranging from national broadcasters to specialist websites.
International print media
- Kreutz-Hansen, H. (9th March 2015). ‘Childless men – not chosen by women’. Verdens Gang AS: VG.
- Lerner, T. (24th April 2014). “Det finns en smärta i att inte få bli pappa” (There is a pain not to be a father). Dagens Nyheter:
National print media
- Manzoor, S. (16th June, 2019). ‘Why do childless men bottle up their grief and pain?’ Sunday Times Magazine.
- Hinsliff, G. (21st January, 2019). ‘Male, Single, desperate for a baby.’ Tortoise.
- Lynch, B. (17th November 2018). Male childlessness: ‘You think, If I’m not reproducing – then what am I?‘ The Guardian.
- Marsh, S. (29th October 2017). ‘The agony of being a childless man.’ The Daily Mail.
- Marsh, S. (3rd October 2017): ‘“The desire to have a child never goes away”: how the involuntary childless are forming a new movement.’ The Guardian.
- Freeman, H. (20th July 2016): ‘Rise of the biological clock divorce: It’s when one of you craves a baby and the other doesn’t.’ The Daily Mail.
- Hadley, R. A. (17th July 2016): ‘Men and Infertility.’ The Times, Weekend Section.
- Brookbanks, M (13th January 2016): ‘How the rise of childless women could change the face of Britain.’ The Daily Mail.
- Hadley, R. A. (4th April 2013): Robin Hadley: ‘I know all about broody men who long to be dads. I am one’. The Daily Telegraph.
- Hodgekiss, A. (3rd April 2013): ‘Men without children are ‘more depressed and sad’ than childless women.‘ Mail Online.
- Bingham, J. (3rd April 2013): ‘Men ‘just as broody as women‘, study suggest.’ The Daily Telegraph.
- BBC1 Breakfast. 14th January 2015: Ageing Without Children. AWOC founders Kirsty Woodard, Jody Day and I were interviewed on BBC One:
Online news media
- Swire, Saffron. 11th February 2021. “Less of a man”: banishing the stigma surrounding male infertility. REACTION.
- Packham, Amy. 1st December 2018: “Dads On What Sex Is Really Like When You’re Trying For A Baby.” HuffPost UK.
- Gorman, G. 14th February 2016: “The untold grief of childless men.” for News.com.au Australia.
- Goyer, M. 18th June 2015: “Le fardeau des femmes sans enfants”: Planete FMagazine, Montreal, Canada.
- The Dennis Relojo-Howell Show. 16th March 2020. Dr Robin Hadley talks about ‘Male Childlessness.’
- The Fullstop Podcast. 17th August 2019: ‘Men and Childlessness with Dr. Robin Hadley, Rod Silvers and Andy Harrod.’
- More To Life Webinar. 23rd January 2019: ‘Me and the MAWFIA: Men Ageing Without Families: Invisible and Alienated.’
- World Childless Week. 25th August 2018: ‘The Men’s Room with Dr. Robin Hadley and Michael Hughes.’
- The Mental Breakdown. 5th August 2017: ‘Involuntary childlessness.’ Interviewed by psychologists Dr Berney Wikinson and Dr Richard Marshall, United States of America.
- The Fertility Podcast. 19th December 2016: ‘How men deal with involuntary childlessness.‘
- Femme sans enfants. 14th February 2015: ‘Entrevue avec Robin Hadley, chercheur sur les vies des hommes sans enfant‘. Interviewed by Catherine–Emmanuelle Delisle. Quebec, Canada.
- Zuleyka Zevallos. 5th March 2014: ‘My experience of the media’. Sociology at Work (Australia):
- Nihal Arthanayake Show. 20th October 2020. Guest editor of ‘Involuntary childless men’ on BBC Radio 5 Live.
- The Dennis Relojo-Howell Show 16th March 2020: Male Childlessness.
- Noel McDermot Show, Men’s Radio Station. 3rd October. Dr Robin Hadley talks about the impact of childlessness on older men.
- James Blake, Men’s Radio Station. 8th September 2019. Men and childlessness.
- BBC Radio 4 – My Name Is…, Rod – life as a childless man.
- Kaye Adams. 15th April 2019. Live panel discussion on ‘Mornings with Kaye Adams & Stephen Jardine,’ Radio Scotland.
- Rony Robinson. 13th November 2018. Live telephone interview on male childlessness.
- East London Radio. 24th April 2017. Dr Robin Hadley interviewed by Sir Mervyn Eastman.
- Vintage Radio. 16th April 2017. The impact of childlessness in later life.
- The Health Show, 3 Counties Radio. 10th July 2016. Discussion on childlessness.
- Tanya and Steve, Radio KOFM, Australia. 16th February 2016. Male Broodiness.
- Sunday Sequence, BBC Radio Ulste. 24th Ferbruary 2016. Panel discussant on fertility choices.
- IPM, BBC Radio 4. 5th December 2015. My childlessness. Interviewed by Jennifer Tracey.
- Mark Forrest, BBC Radio London. 26th January 2015. Research findings of ageing and childlessness.
- Lee Thomas, Radio Stoke. 15th April 2013: Live studio interview on male broodiness.
- Morning Show, Irish National Radio. 10 April 2013: Live telephone interview on the impact of male broodiness.
- Phil Kafcaloudes, Morning program ABC Radio Australia. 7th April 2013.: Live telephone interview: the impact of male broodiness on mental health.
- Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. 4th April 2013. The impact of male broodiness.
- Drive time, Radio Stoke (pm). 3rd April 2013.
- The impact of male broodiness on mental health.
- Michael Fitzpatrick, Lunchtime Show, Radio Ulster. 3rd April 2013: Live telephone discussion on depression, jealousy, anger and male broodiness.
- Heather Stott, BBC Radio Manchester. 2nd January 2012. Live studio interview on ageing and chlidlessness.
- John Adams’s Dadbloguk, 4th September 2020: ‘The experience of involuntarily childless men with Dr Robin Hadley.’
- Ageing Issues. 18th March 2020: ‘2020: COVID-19 vs Social Isolation: the Impact Technology can have on Communities, Social Connections and Citizen.’
- Men’s Minds Matter. 4th August 2019: ‘Childlessness’.
- Psychreg. 18th June 2019: ‘Not being a father: Deconstructing Dad.’ Summary of my chapter in the Palgrave Handbook of Male Psychology and Mental Health.
- World Childless Week. 16th June 2019: ‘The un-held hand.’
- Male Psychology Network. 10th February 2019: ‘Myths of Manhood: Breaking Dad, Fracking Fatherhood.’
- Centre for Reproduction Research Blog. 15th June 2018 : ‘There’s something missing in my life’: non-fatherhood on ‘Fathers Day‘.
- Gateway Women. 13th June 2018: ‘Coping with Father’s Day as a Childless Man.’
- Male Psychology Network. 11th May 2018: ‘How involved are men in ‘involved fathering’?
- Netdoctor.com. 14th September 2017: ‘Think men don’t get broody? Believe me, that’s a myth.’
- SpermComet. 31st October 2016: ‘The impact of childlessness’.
- GeroInspired. 21st August 2016: ‘Aging & Involuntary Childlessness: Does It Affect Men’?
- Psychreg.org. 13th August 2016: ‘The impact of male involuntary childlessness, Parts 1 & 2. Now available as a free to access paper: Hadley, Robin. A. (June, 2019). ‘The impact of male involuntary childlessness’. http://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.3236689
- Men’s Health Forum. 10th July 2016: ‘Men without Children’: http://bit.ly/2a7tZ2
- International Longevity Centre. 10th November 2015: ‘The case of the invisible older men’.
- Inside-Man. 21st October 2014: ‘If you think men don’t care about having kids, listen to what these childless men have to say’.
- ReValuing Care Research Network. 13th May 2014: ‘Condemned as a ‘Typical Man?’
- ReValuing Care Research Network. 13th October2013: ‘Childless-by-circumstance: is it different for men?’